Sara Bergan is an associate in the firm's Energy Development group, where she concentrates her practice on renewable and low-carbon energy technologies.
Prior to joining Stoel Rives, Sara was a researcher for the Carbon Capture and Sequestration Regulation (CCSReg) Project and a research assistant for Alexandra B. Klass and Elizabeth J. Wilson. She was a summer associate with Stoel in 2009.
Sara also has a background in energy policy and worked for several years on energy and climate policy issues in the Midwest. Until 2007, she served as the executive director of a non-profit organization that brokered consensus energy policy and project decisions among Midwest representatives of utility, government, regulatory, industry, agricultural and environmental interests.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Member, Oregon State Bar Association
- Advisory Council Member, North Central Region Sun Grant Initiative
- "Project Financing and Government Programs" Chapter, The Law of Biorefineries and Advanced Biofuels, Stoel Rives LLP, 2012 Edition
- Co-author, Densification: Associated Legal Challenges and Opportunities, Biomass Magazine, Nov. 2011
- Case Study: A Wind Development Project in the State of California, Stoel Rives LLP, June 2011 (PDF- available in English and Chinese)
- Contributor, Stoel Rives Renewable Energy & Climate Policy Law Blog
- University of Minnesota School of Law, J.D., 2010, magna cum laude
Donald G. Marshall and Stone Scholarship Recipient
- Princeton University, M.P.P., 2006
Certificate in Science, Technology and Environmental Policy
- Gustavus Adolphus College, B.A., Environmental Studies, 1997, cum laude
Print to Word