Virginia M. Pedreira
Virginia Pedreira is a member in the firm's Real Estate group and former managing partner of the Seattle office (2007-2010). She has extensive experience with real estate sales and acquisitions, leasing, lending and financing in Washington and California. In addition to commercial real estate lenders, developers and investors, her client base includes a large number of companies in the agricultural and natural resources lending and investment industry for which she has handled various acquisitions, financings and other matters. Virginia also advises energy companies and other clients in the acquisition and leasing of industrial real estate and the development of renewable energy projects.
Virginia practiced law in California for many years before relocating to the Seattle office and continues to represent a number of clients with respect to transactions in the state.
Representative WorkCommercial Real Estate Transactions
Agricultural and Timber Transactions
- Ongoing representation of several national life insurance companies on a regional basis in connection with secured permanent financing of commercial properties (industrial, office and multifamily) across the Western U.S. with loan amounts ranging from $2 million to over $250 million.
- Ongoing representation of the owner of 1.2 million square foot Seattle office tower in connection with acquisition, financing, leasing and management issues at the building.
- Represented a national retail company in the acquisition, sale/leaseback and financing of a 788,000 square foot regional distribution center in Eastern Washington.
- Represented an institutional investor in connection with a $100 million loan made by a national life insurance company and secured by a portfolio of 10 commercial properties situated in California.
- Represented a real estate investment company in connection with the financing of the real estate assets of a regional grocery chain located in Idaho, Montana and Washington.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with the $50 million permanent financing of an air-space condominium comprising the hotel user within a large mixed use project located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Represented a private investor in connection with the acquisition, development, financing and sale of a 400-unit apartment project in Auburn, Washington.
- Represented a private utility in the disposition of hydropower assets in Eastern Washington.
- Represented a wind project developer in the acquisition of several thousand acres of land in Eastern Washington in connection with a proposed wind power project.
- Represented a wind project developer in the parcel and transmission corridor assembly for a proposed wind power project in Nevada.
- Ongoing representation of the agricultural investments division of U.S. life insurance companies in connection with agricultural finance transactions with respect to properties (ranging from cotton and potato farming operations to vineyard properties) located in California and Washington with loan sizes ranging from $2 million to $100 million.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with the $80 million senior mortgage financing of approximately 235,000 acres of timberlands located in eight states.
- Represented a U.S. life insurance company in the restructuring, foreclosure, acquisition and sale of several orchards and agricultural properties located in the State of Washington.
- Represented an international agribusiness production and distribution company in connection with the sale and leaseback of orchard properties in California.
- Represented a pension fund investment advisor in the acquisition of California agricultural properties.
- Represented the timber investment division of a U.S. life insurance company in the senior debt financing in the amount of $150 million secured by 600,000 acres of timberlands in Oregon and Washington.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with a $25 million loan secured by 14,000 acres of agricultural property (both row crops and permanent plantings) and related water rights in California's Central Valley.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with the permanent financing of a $30 million loan secured by a 94,400-acre cattle ranch on the Island of Hawaii.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® (currently: Real Estate Law), 2010-2014
- Selected as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" (Washington) by Chambers USA (currently: Real Estate), 2007-2013
- Listed in Washington Super Lawyers® (Real Estate), 2009-2013
- Past member, Executive Committee, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Washington State Bar Association
- Past member, Editorial Board, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Washington State Bar Association, 2001-2003
- Chair, Real Property Roundtable Steering Committee, Fresno County Bar Association, 1998-2000
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California Ag Lenders Society
- Member, American Agricultural Law Association
- Member, Pacific Real Estate Institute
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women
- Fellow and Member, Board of Regents, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- University of Southern California, J.D., 1988
Staff Member, Computer Law Journal
- Indiana University at Bloomington, B.A., 1983, with distinction
Phi Beta Kappa
Print to Word
- District of Columbia