Bradley J. Dixon
Brad Dixon is a trial attorney in the Boise office of Stoel Rives LLP's Litigation practice group and serves as the Boise office Hiring Partner. He has a broad range of trial and litigation experience representing clients in disputes involving complex commercial litigation, employment, insurance coverage, products liability, title insurance, foreclosure and bankruptcy trial practice. In addition, Brad provides governmental affairs services to firm clients before the Idaho State Legislature and state regulatory agencies and is a member of the firm workout and restructuring group.
Prior to joining Stoel Rives, Brad was an associate at Moffatt, Thomas, Barrett, Rock and Fields, 2000-2005.
- Successfully defended a jury trial involving claims of insurance coverage and bad-faith.
- Successfully defended a jury trial involving claims of products liability, insurance coverage, bad faith and food safety.
- Successfully defended a AAA arbitration involving claims of trade secret misappropriation, wage claims, breach of fiduciary duties and noncompetition agreement violations.
- Successfully defended a private arbitration for a national health club corporation involving allegations of sexual orientation discrimination and wrongful termination.
- Successfully prosecuted a construction defect jury trial involving substantial water intrusion.
- Successfully prosecuted a cost recovery claim for an international mining company in a four-day bankruptcy court trial.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a multinational insulation manufacturer involving claims of products liability and punitive damages.
- Represented a national agricultural lender in a multimillion-dollar agricultural foreclosure lawsuit involving property in four state counties.
- Successfully defended a bad faith insurance claim against an international rental car company.
- Successfully defended a class action lawsuit against an international rental car company.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Selected as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" (Idaho) by Chambers USA (currently: Litigation: General Commercial), 2013
- Listed among Rising StarsSM (Civil Litigation Defense), Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2009-2010
- Admitted to the International Association of Defense Counsel, 2008
- Inns of Court, Barrister, 2008-present
- Member, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2004
- Member, Idaho Association of Defense Counsel, 2003-present
- Member, Idaho State Bar, Labor and Employment Section, 2002-present, Young Lawyers Section, 2000-2008
- Member, Order of Barristers, 2000
- "What You Need to Know Before OSHA Comes Knocking on Your Door," Breakfast Plus Seminar, Boise, Oct. 2009
- "Spring Cleaning: Getting Your Employment House in Order," Breakfast Plus Seminar, Boise, May 2007
- "Tough Choices and Supertrends ― Employment Law News You Can Use," Breakfast Plus Seminar, Boise, Oct. 2006
- Board member, Learning Lab, 2011
- American Heart Association, 2010 (successfully drafted and lobbied automatic external defibrillator liability limitation legislation)
- American Heart Association, Volunteer of the Year, 2009
- Member, Strategic Planning Board, American Heart Association, 2005-2009
- Chair, Strategic Planning Committee, American Heart Association, 2007-2008
- Board member, Pacific Mountain Affiliate, American Heart Association, 2007-2008
- Member, Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce, State and Local Government Committee, 2005-2009, Leadership Boise, 2003-2005
- Volunteer and registered lobbyist, 2002-2009
- "Assumption of Duties Through the Sale and Marketing of Products," International Association of Defense Counsel, Products Liability Newsletter, May 2010
- Contributing author, "Guide to Receivership & Foreclosure," Idaho Section TRIGILD, 2008-2010
- Contributing author, "Product Liability Cases and the Duty to Warn, a 50 State Compendium," DRI, 2008
- "Religious Expression on the Clock: Workplace Rights," Idaho Business & Law, Summer 2008
- "Idaho Noncompetition Covenants," Idaho Business Review, 2008
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., 2000
- Boise State University, B.S., 1997
Print to Word
- Idaho Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit