Labor and Employment
For over 30 years, Victor Kisch has specialized exclusively in labor and employment law on behalf of employers. During that time, he served as lead counsel on some of the most significant labor and employment cases in Oregon history:
- Member of post-trial team that successfully reduced the largest employment law verdict in Oregon history from $19,000,000 to $1,200,000.
- Counsel for employer in the largest union election in Oregon history. Approximately 2,500 voters (employer won).
- Jury verdicts for Costco, PGE and Wells Fargo, among others, in trials involving age, race and retaliation.
Victor’s practice includes:
- Employment litigation and trial work (wrongful discharge, discrimination, sexual harassment, trade secrets, retaliation, wage and hour class actions);
- Labor law or “traditional” labor law (union organizing drives, labor negotiations, NLRB practice, strikes, project labor agreements (PLAs) in the construction industry, unfair labor practices); and,
- Advice and counsel on a wide range of labor and employment issues, such as discharges, layoffs, and the WARN Act.
Victor has been ranked by Chambers USA in “Band 1” for over a decade, the highest ranking under the Chambers peer and client rating process. He is one of eight Oregon management-employment attorneys elected as a Fellow in The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers for his sustained outstanding performance in the profession. He has been included in Best Lawyers in America for over ten years. He was named one of the “Top 50” attorneys in Oregon by Super Lawyers. Victor has been AV rated for over 20 years by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Labor and Employment Practice
Victor is a resident of the firm’s Portland office, which is ranked in tier #1 by U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers in America® and in Band 1 by Chambers USA (“universally respected”). The Labor and Employment Group is also ranked among the top L&E Groups on a national level by U.S. News & World Report.
Victor blogs at www.stoelrivesworldofemployment.com and is a frequent speaker in Oregon and nationally. For over five years, he wrote a monthly column in the Portland Business Journal on a wide range of Human Resources issues. He has been quoted by the Associated Press, The Oregonian, The Seattle Times, Oregon Public Broadcasting, the Portland Business Journal and Oregon Business Magazine, and has appeared as a TV commentator on KGW Live@7, KATU, KPTV and KOIN-TV.
Before joining Stoel, Victor started the Labor and Employment Group at a different Portland firm (Tonkon Torp) and was instrumental in its growth. He was a partner and chair of the L&E Group from 1993 to 2005.
Victor began his career at the largest labor and employment firm in the country, Littler Mendelson, which has over 1,000 lawyers. He was an associate and a partner at the San Francisco office from 1985 to 1993.
Expand to Read More +
See Less -