Our tax attorneys team with corporate, energy, real estate and other business attorneys to help guide clients through the increasingly complex maze of tax matters. This includes advising clients on the best structure to achieve their business objectives while minimizing tax costs and maximizing tax benefits, and negotiating complex tax provisions in agreements. We also have very active renewable energy and affordable housing practices, which involve advising clients with respect to all aspects of tax credit qualification and tax motivated financing transactions. Our clients include public and private companies, nonprofits, partnerships and individuals traversing state, federal, international and multistate tax laws and regulations.
We’ll also fiercely defend you in the face of tax controversies and litigation. We represent clients in protests to the IRS Appeals Office, in equivalent state and local appeals venues, and before the U.S. Tax Court, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, federal district courts, and before state and local tax authorities. We are proud of the positive working relationships we’ve forged with federal and state tax authorities and have achieved very positive results for clients in difficult and complex tax controversies.
We are a one-stop-shop for the full range of advice and strategic counsel on the tax implications of advancing your business objectives.
- Tax aspects of corporate and real estate finance transactions and public offerings of debt and equity
- Equity and other incentive compensation issues
- International tax issues
- State and multistate filing, income calculations, allocation and apportionment
- Federal, state and local tax incentives, planning, audits, assessments, appeals and litigation
- Tax credit qualification and monetization
- Audits, administrative appeals, litigation
- Nonprofit formation, structuring, private foundations and public-private partnerships
- Individual and family tax planning, business succession, liquidity planning, recapitalization, business sale
- Partnership and joint venture tax and structuring