Afognak Native Corporation
We represented Afognak Native Corporation in the sale by a subsidiary of its North Slope facility to a subsidiary of Bristol Bay Native Corporation. Afognak Native Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various contract services to the federal government in the areas of security, construction, logistics, operations and maintenance, information technology, and technical services.
Airframes Alaska, LLC
We represented Airframes Alaska in their acquisition of Alaskan Bushwheels, the leading brand of tundra tires for Piper Cub aircraft. Airframes Alaska LLC is an aviation fabrication and engineering company located in Chugiak, Alaska. They specialize in welded assemblies for PA-18 style aircraft. Airframes Alaska is also the owner of the Alaskan Bushwheel family of products, including the venerable Alaskan Bushwheel and Baby Bushwheel Tailwheel.
We represented Calista Corporation in their acquisition of STG, Inc., an Alaska-based construction company with significant experience in installing wind projects, from its founder and also in the acquisition of Brice, Inc., and its related companies, which provide civil construction, marine services and rental equipment, from its family ownership group. Anchorage-based Calista Corporation represents more than 13,000 shareholders and encompasses 56 villages in Western Alaska. The company is heavily involved in government contracting and owns rural newspapers around Alaska.
We represented an Alaska based joint venture between engineering subsidiary of Doyon Limited (Alaska Native Regional Corporation for Interior Alaska) and subsidiary of Anvil Corporation, a company providing full service engineering, procurement and project management in the Western United States. Doyon, Limited, is one of the top 10 Alaska-owned businesses and the largest private landowner in Alaska, with more than 12.5 million acres allocated to the corporation.
Interfor U.S. Inc.
We represented Interfor U.S. Inc., a US subsidiary of Interfor Corporation, in the purchase of four sawmills and related operations in Tacoma and Longview, Washington; Meldrim, Georgia; and Georgetown, South Carolina, from Simpson Lumber Company, LLC. Interfor is one of the largest lumber producers in the world, with operations in the United States and Canada and sales worldwide.
Koniag Development Corporation
We represented Koniag Development Corporation in the sale of Clarus Fluid Intelligence to Colfax Corporation, the sale of Washington Management Group and FedSources to Deltek, and the acquisition of Open Systems Technologies, an IT services company based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, from its founders. Koniag Development Corporation manages Koniag, Inc.’s real estate holdings and business operations, including oversight of various subsidiaries.
Lithia Motors, Inc.
We represented Lithia Motors, Inc., in the acquisition of all of the outstanding stock of DCH Auto Group (USA) Inc. for cash and Lithia stock. Headquartered in Medford, Oregon, Lithia Motors, Inc., is a nationwide automotive dealership network and is the seventh-largest automotive retailer in the United States.
Northwest Natural Gas Company
- Represented NW Natural in connection with the Palomar (now Trail West) Pipeline joint venture with TransCanada and represent the joint venture entity in the development of a natural gas pipeline in Oregon.
- Represented NW Natural in connection with its participation, through Gill Ranch Storage, LLC, in the Gill Ranch Storage Project joint venture in California with Pacific Gas & Electric. We represented Gill Ranch Storage, LLC, in obtaining $40 million term financing through a private placement with Prudential Capital Group.
- Represented NW Natural in connection with its joint venture with Encana Oil & Gas (USA) Inc. to invest $250 million to drill new gas wells in the Jonah Field, Sublette County, Wyoming. We advised on deal structure and federal and state tax, environmental, and oil and gas law and assisted with the drafting and negotiation of all transaction documents.
Sumitomo Forestry America, Inc.
Served as lead counsel for Sumitomo Forestry America, Inc., in its two-step acquisition of Gehan Homes (a residential home builder in Texas and Arizona). The transaction was complicated in that there were multiple sellers and entities for the initial purchase of 51% and there was a complex buy-sell arrangement between Sumitomo and the other owners with respect to the remaining 49% interest, which buy-sell was triggered and completed two years after the initial investment.