Most Recent Work
- Obtained $1 million award for plaintiff in 18-day jury trial.
John has served as lender's counsel for numerous loan workouts involving bankruptcy, receivership and foreclosure issues for commercial properties, hotels, apartment complexes and farm properties:
- Represented lender for Semiahmoo Resort in a $31 million loan workout.
- Represented lender for hotel located near SeaTac Airport in a $13 million loan workout.
- Represented lender for a $12.5 million claim in complex Chapter 11 filing by nursing home company.
- Represented lender for Seattle apartment complex in a $5 million loan workout.
- Represented lender for Seattle-based Colman Building in a $4 million loan workout.
- Represented lender for Seattle medical building development in a $2.8 million loan workout.
- Represented lender for Everett, Washington-based commercial building in a $4 million loan workout.
- Represented lender for shopping center in Spokane, Washington in a $3 million loan workout.
- Represented lender for shopping center in Spokane in a $1.3 million loan workout.
- Represented lender for development project loan workout in Kitsap County, Washington.
- Assisted lender in collecting or working out portfolio of real estate and commercial loans.
Real Property Litigation
John has advised public companies, landlords, property managers, tenants and brokers in a variety of commercial and other real estate disputes:
- Represented commercial landlord in one-week bench trial with sub-tenant, which resulted in a substantial judgment.
- Represented commercial real estate developer in multi-million-dollar wrongful foreclosure/quiet title case.
- Represented real estate development partner in multi-million-dollar dispute involving affordable housing projects.
- Represented real estate development partner in real estate joint venture dispute.
- Represented condominium developer in litigation arising out of water intrusion claims.
- Represented commercial tenant in dispute arising out of exclusivity lease clause.
- Represented residential seller in two-week jury trial involving fraud and misrepresentation claims.
- Represented commercial broker in litigation over commissions related to large shopping mall development in Puyallup, Washington.
- Represented lender/successor commercial landlord in arbitration related to constructive eviction claims for a building in downtown Everett.
- Represented lender in alleged oral lease extension dispute for a commercial tenant in a Spokane shopping center.
- Represented commercial tenant in workout for a dinner club in downtown Bellevue.
- Represented national home construction company in contract disputes with consumers/purchasers.
- Represented condominium developers and owners in various contract and fraud/misrepresentation disputes.
- Represented various national tenants on various lease issues.
- Represented a variety of parties in cases involving purchase and sale agreements, restrictive covenants, condominium associations, quiet title actions, adverse possession and easements.
- Represented commercial landowner against King County in full taking case.
- Represented commercial owner in partial taking of parking lot.
- Represented local municipality in partial taking case.
- Represented commercial developer in highway expansion condemnation case.
- Represented various lenders in condemnation cases.
John has represented franchisors in a number of disputes with franchisees involving a variety of contract, fraud, misrepresentation and statutory claims:
Expand to Read More +
See Less -
- Represented national franchisor in week-long arbitration with two franchisees.
- Represented franchisor in multi-million-dollar case defeating class action certification franchisee lawsuit.
- Represented franchisor in two-day trial concerning taxing authority assertion of taxes owed.