SALT LAKE CITY – Twenty-four innovations and the Utah companies that created them have been named a finalist or honorable mention recipient in the 15th annual Utah Innovation Awards, presented by Stoel Rives LLP and the Utah Technology Council. Winners will be announced, and finalists and honorable mention recipients will be honored, at a special Awards Dinner on Thursday, April 20, 2017, at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center. Registration is available online at www.utahinnovationawards.com.
This statewide program, the first of its kind and sponsored by Webb Audio Visual Communication, STEM Action Center, Utah Business Magazine, USTAR, Grant Thornton, Chase Busath Films, GENCOMM, The Governor’s Office of Economic Development, GoEngineer and BIOUTAH, is designed to recognize innovations and the Utah companies that created them.
A committee of more than 80 experts from Utah’s private industry, government and academic communities voted on winners and finalists in each of the program’s eight categories: Clean Technology and Energy; Computer Hardware/Electrical Devices; Consumer Software; Enterprise Software, Cloud and Big Data; Life Science – Biotech; Life Science – Medical Device; Mechanical Systems/Chemicals/Manufacturing; and Outdoor and Consumer Products. The Selection Committee votes were tallied by the accounting firm and Platinum Sponsor, Grant Thornton.
In addition to identifying finalists, the Selection Committee also identified innovations worthy of honorable mention (note: there is no restriction on the number of honorable mention recipients recognized in each category). Below is a complete list of the finalists and honorable mention recipients listed alphabetically by category:
Clean Technology and Energy
- Vutiliti Pulse by Vutiliti
- PassiveLogic Intelligent Building Automation by PassiveLogic
- The Nikola One by Nikola Motor Company
Computer Hardware / Electrical Devices
- ALTA Long Range Wireless Internet of Thing (Iot) Solutions by Monnit
- Kiband by Kilife Tech, Inc
- The Botpot by Botpot, Inc
Consumer Software (Including Social Media and Mobile Apps)
- Sky by Vivint Smart Home
- Taxilla by Taxilla
- Utah.Gov Amazon Echo Alexa Skill by Utah.Gov
Enterprise Software, Cloud and Big Data
- Lucidchart by Lucid Software Inc
- Blockchain-Based Securities Trading Platform by Medici Ventures
- The Whistic Security Assessment Platform by Whistic
Life Science - BioTech
- Computationally Intelligent Discovery Engine by Recursion Pharmaceuticals
- TP-0903-AXL Program by Tolero Pharmaceuticals
- Integrated Precision Medicine Solution by Navican Genomics
Life Science – Medical Device
- Intraocular Piggyback Lens for the Treatment of Pseudophakic Dysphotopsia by PerfectVision LLC
- KneeMD by Promotus, LLC
- Xenoscope by Xenocor
- The Electro Pulmonary Nodule Scan by ProLung
Mechanical Systems / Chemical / Manufacturing
- Computational Simulation of Airbag Inflators and Systems by Autoliv
- ProSlab 155 automated turf harvester by FireFly Automatix, Inc
Outdoor and Consumer Products
- SNO-GO by SNO-GO
- Whole-HomeVoice Control with Alexa Integration by Control4
- SnapPower Charger by SnapPower
The April 20th Awards Program begins at 4:00 pm with honorees showcasing their innovations. The dinner will begin at 6:30 pm. For UTC members, individual seats are $100.00, for non-UTC members, individual seats are $125.00, and a table of ten is $1,000. To register, visit www.utahinnovationawards.com.
The program is supported by the Association of Corporate Growth, Manufacturing Extension Partnership, MountainWest Capital Network; USTAR, Venture Capital.Org, and the Women Technology Council. More details about the awards program are available at www.utahinnovationawards.com.
About Stoel Rives LLP: Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law. For more information, follow us @stoelrives or visit www.stoel.com.
About Utah Technology Council:The Utah Technology Council is the essential resource for Utah’s 4,000 science and technology companies seeking to develop management talent, improve Utah’s business environment and raise investment capital. Members can connect and share insights with industry peers, government and academic leaders, professional service providers and venture capital firms. Visit www.utahtechcouncil.org or call 801.568-3500.