Pro Bono Recognition
Following are awards and recognition the firm and our lawyers have recently received for our pro bono achievements:
- In 2015 the firm’s Boise office was honored with a Law Day 2015 6.1 Challenge Award for Excellence in Pro Bono and Community Service. Presented by the Idaho State Bar Fourth District Bar Association, the award is based on the type and quality of pro bono work performed, number of hours contributed, and the participation rate of local office lawyers.
- In 2014 an associate in the firm’s Portland office was named the Pro Bono Attorney of the Year by the Small Business Legal Clinic (“SBLC”) of Lewis & Clark Law School. Founded in 2006, the SBLC provides pro bono business transactional law services for start-ups and small businesses. Seventy-five percent of the SBLC’s clients are businesses owned by women, minorities, and recent immigrants. Several Stoel Rives lawyers regularly volunteer at the SBLC.
- The firm’s Portland office won the Oregon State Bar 2013 Pro Bono Challenge for large firms (firms of over 25 lawyers).
- In addition, the firm annually confers Andrew Guy Pro Bono Awards to lawyers in many of our offices at regular all-attorney meetings who have demonstrated a special commitment to pro bono service.
- Stoel Rives also recognizes the valuable contribution of lawyers to the pro bono program in each office with a certificate for those who have performed 50 or more hours of pro bono legal services in a year.