Nathan C. Moceri
Nathan Moceri is an associate in the Technology and Intellectual Property practice group. Nathan concentrates his practice on commercialization of intellectual property and assists clients with matters concerning trademark, copyright, licensing, social media, brand development, digital commerce, product development, data privacy, marketing and advertising, entertainment, software and other areas of intellectual property and internet law.
Nathan previously worked as a summer associate at Stoel Rives LLP in Portland (2009); a legal extern at Nike, Inc., in Beaverton, Oregon (2009); and a legal intern at Mishcon de Reya, in London (2007).
- Marketing campaign counseling, including advising clients on social media issues, strategies and policies and drafting terms and conditions for multi-state promotional sweepstakes and contests.
- Drafting and negotiating key brand agreements, including creative services, website development and advertising agreements.
- Trademark counseling, prosecution and protection strategies.
- Entertainment marketing counseling, including drafting and negotiating location agreements, music licenses, performance agreements, film and television brand and product use licenses and joint promotion agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating event agreements, including venue, hotel, agency production and other event services agreements.
- Drafting brand campaign photography shoot agreements, including production, photography, model, talent and stylist agreements and art and design licenses.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Section, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Computer and Internet Law Section, Oregon State Bar
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association
- Pro Bono Champion, Lewis & Clark Law School Small Business Legal Clinic, 2011
- "Trademark Session," Technology Association of Oregon Legal Forum: Trademark, Copyright, and Design Patent Boot Camp, February 2013
- "Online Content and Social Media Risks: What You Need to Know," Oregon Law Institute CLE, March 2012
- "Website Risks: Avoiding Online Liabilities," Oregon State Bar CLE, June 2011
- "Internet Law for Small Businesses: Key Issues in Doing Business Online," Lewis & Clark Small Business Association, March 2011
- Secretary, Board of Directors, International Youth Silent Film Festival
- "Legal Aspects of Data Collection by Electric Utilities: What You Can (and Can't) Do with Customer-Specific Data," (coauthor), WE Magazine, Western Energy Institute , Summer 2011
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2010, cum laude
Order of the Coif
- Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management, M.B.A., 2010
- Pepperdine University, B.S., 2006, cum laude
Print to Word