Parissa Ebrahimzadeh Florez
Parissa Ebrahimzadeh Florez is an associate in the Environment, Land Use and Natural Resources group. Parissa focuses her practice in environmental and energy law. Her practice emphasizes land use, environmental due diligence, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) permit approval process, municipal law, and land use and environmental litigation. She also works with Indian tribes and parties engaged in business or other transactions with Indian tribes. Prior to joining the firm, she was a clean tech policy intern for the U.S.-China Green Energy Council where she worked on current policy, legislation and trends in clean tech and green energy, and a law clerk for the AIDS Legal Referral Panel. Parissa was also a Green Policy and Leadership Intern at Green For All working under Van Jones to collaborate on key provisions to be entered into 2009 Climate and Energy Bill passed through the House of Representatives. Parissa was a Stoel Rives summer associate in 2010 and 2011 and a Sacramento Bar Association Minority and Diversity Fellow in 2010.
Prior to joining the legal community, Parissa founded and ran a premiere tutoring company that provides private academic tutoring to both privileged and underprivileged communities. There Parissa managed over seventy-five tutors who advised and assisted hundreds of students.
- Provide CEQA and permitting advice for development of solar, wind, geothermal and natural gas energy facilities throughout California.
- Provide advice on various matters related to water rights, water supply and evaluating water quality certification under the Clean Water Act.
- Provide advice regarding Williamson Act issues related to developing solar projects on agricultural lands throughout the Central Valley, California.
- Advises and represents clients before Regional Water Quality Control Boards and the State Water Resources Control Board related to water quality issues, storm water management and pollution control, NPDES permitting and waste discharge requirements.
- Advises clients regarding compliance with California's Construction Storm Water General NPDES Permit and Industrial Storm Water General NPDES Permit.
- Represents clients in litigation under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
Global Climate Change Counseling
- Provided strategic guidance to developers and electrical generating interests regarding the implications of AB 32 and cap and trade regulations.
Professional Honors & Activities
- California Diversity Committee Representative, Stoel Rives
- Recipient, Sacramento Bar Association Diversity Fellowship, 2010
- Student Associate, Schwartz/Levi American Inn of Courts
- Co-Chair, King Hall Legal Foundation
- Symposium Co-Chair, Environmental Law Society
- Member, Middle Eastern Southeast Asian Law Student Association
- Member, Native American Law Student Association
- Volunteer, Artists for a New South Africa, 2006-2011
- Volunteer Director and Program Coordinator, Feed the Children, 2007-2010
- Volunteer, 826 Valencia, 2008-2009
- University of California, Davis, J.D., 2012
- China University of Law and Political Science
Submissions Editor, Journal of International Law and Policy
- Antioch University, M.F.A., Creative Writing, 2005
- University of California, Irvine, B.A., Philosophy and Comparative Literature, 2002
- Peking University
Print to Word
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of California