Employer-Sponsored Wellness Programs Seminar
"... excellent overview of the many legal issues surrounding employer-sponsored wellness programs."
– Nicole Krantz, Northwest Protective Service, Inc.
"... provided a roadmap as we move forward [offering] these types of benefits to our employees."
– George Gehrett, Objective Medical Assessments Corporation
Interest in company-sponsored wellness programs has never been higher. Employers across the country are embracing wellness programs to help control health care costs and increase worker productivity and morale.
But even the most well-intentioned plans risk running afoul of federal and state laws. Before rolling out wellness programs that offer incentives under your health plans, smoking cessation classes, discounted gym memberships or Health Risk Assessments (HRAs), make sure you are in compliance with applicable laws.
Join Stoel Rives attorneys Melanie Curtice and Keelin Curran for a discussion of employer wellness programs, which will cover:
- The primary issues surrounding wellness programs
- How to determine if a wellness program is subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) nondiscrimination provisions
- Requirements for wellness programs that fall under HIPAA's provisions
- HRAs and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Managing medical information and medical assessments
Britt Ide, Associate General Counsel at Healthwise, a Boise-based company that is nationally recognized for its healthy workplace. The Wall Street Journal selected Healthwise as one of fifteen Top Small Business Workplaces in 2007. Healthwise is a nonprofit organization that helps people make better health decisions.
||Wednesday, February 20, 2008|
7:30 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
8 to 9:30 a.m. – Presentation
||Offices of Stoel Rives, LLP |
101 S. Capitol Boulevard, Suite 1900
Boise, Idaho 83702
Click here for directions: http://www.stoel.com/showlocation.aspx?Show=198.
We will validate parking.
||Complimentary (breakfast included)|
||Space is limited! Register by Friday, February 15.|
Please email any questions to Tammie Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org.